Skip to content
- For Nahari Silks most here are hand dyed. We set them in a non toxic fixative to set the color but some run off can occur with the stronger deeper colors.
- We recommend hand washing separately in cold water with a laundry detergent like "Woolite". To keep the color vivid you can add a rinse in white vinegar, about 1 cup of vinegar to a gallon of water.
- These days washing machines often have a programme for washing delicate articles at a temperature of 30° - 40°. Provided great care is taken and the above recommendations are followed,
- If you have several veils it is best to wash them on their own as colors can mix and you can lose the original vibrant color.
- Silk is like hair and sometimes circumstances cause it to have static.
There are a few ways to handle this.
- In the hand washing put a small amount of hair conditioner to the second last rinse to make it softer and less prone to static.
- Hang and steam them either with a steamer or when you take a hot shower hang it in the bathroom for the steam to release the static.
- If it is sticking to your skin, moisturize your skin with some moisturizer to reduce the static.
- You can lightly iron the silk before a performance to take out the creases. A hot iron is OK. Just very lightly. We iron them here to get them in the packages while they are slightly damp or dry.
- Silk is almost like hair in that it gets affected by the air, electricity, care and protection so take good care of it and it will stay lustrous and vibrant.
- When storing the silk a plastic bag is best so that it is protected from any possible moisture.
- With accidents like lipstick marks, small rips, oil marks, there is not much you can do except release the disappointment, use it as a practice veil and think about what colors you like your replacement.
- Because of their versatility you can reuse them in all kinds of ways. Let your imagination run wild.
- Never expose the silk to bleach. It will literally dissolve it in front of your eyes.
- Don't keep it in an area where it is exposed to sun. This will bleach the color and weaken the silk.
- If these did not answer your questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to help.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.